Tuesday, December 20, 2011

New Life Low...you be the judge?

As I was sweeping up the Christmas tree needles for the fourth time in 24 hours this morning and complaining while doing so to my sister (and best friend/confidant) she made an comment ....she said, "Your nagging and need to control is on the verge of Kate Gosselin's Style..." WHAT!?
Here's the back story....
Last night my brother and his family came over to celebrate Christmas. I had spent the day cleaning the house and preparing dinner. My sister and my husband arrived at about the same time. She and I started right in prepping dinner and running around the kitchen. I put out the appetizers for the rest of the family set to arrive any moment. My husband, who just had a 12 hour work day, was starving and began chowing down on the appetizers. I barked at him to wait and that those were for when everyone arrived. I then asked him to do 17 other things around the house, shouting as he was doing them incorrectly. I then cursed a few mixing bowls and snapped at my sister. When I think about it my nagging continued throughout the night. I am a Negative Nagging Nancy and have a real problem!
Is it so? Am I similar to the joyous Kate Gosselin? In review of the evenings' happenings it appears that I am...
So here it is, my first New Years resolution ...Work on my Gosh Darn Nagging, bite my tough more often and overall work on being more pleasant...because there is little worse than this monstrous sight!

3 comments:

  1. I find myself much more snappy and naggy when I'm not caring for myself. I need lots of sleep and self care and I feel like mother Teresa. After a facial yesterday, hot tub time, a couple walks in the park, yoga and meditation (since Xmas break started) I feel like a million bucks. You just need a pedi and massage! ... Ty?
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can just see the entire seen playing out... I think Cathy is very correct in saying that we are 'much more snappy when we aren't caring for ourselves.' When it comes to ourselves, we are much more able to decide what needs to get done and what can wait. When it comes to doing something for someone else, we want to make the best impression, make people as comfortable as possible, and think of every detail and get it ALL done. This need to make things as fantastic as possible is really just our way of performing and then receiving the praise and recognition we want/need.

    As with any problem, however, admitting it is the first (and usually hardest) step! At least you can see that perhaps you could bite your tongue a little more often and make the effort to be a bit more pleasant. All in all: Are you Kate Gosselin? Not yet. Could you be nicer? Probably. Are you fantastic anyway? YES.

    Love,
    Ness

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had a few KG moments myself...including a version of the hairdo!

    ReplyDelete